Pure air, rich land, great produce, fresh ideas. This is a journey to feed your soul.View Dates & Book
Destination Stanley - located on the northwest coast of Tasmania. Home to the extraordinary landmark The Nut. We will allow time for those who wish to walk or take the chair lift to the top. But first, Highfield House is calling, with it's amazing history of Edward Curr, the chief agent of the Van Diemens Land Company. We will hear of the history of the harshness of life on those who lived here.
Woolnorth Windfarm Tour, morning tea and lunch will be enjoyed here today. We will be up-close to the cliff top towers of the Woolnorth Wind Farm. Visit the historic homestead and historic precinct, while driving through dairy lands of the Van Diemen's Land Company. A visit to the breath-taking Cape Grim where we see the wonderful coastline and breathe the cleanest air in the world. On our return to Stanley some free time to either browse the local shops or return to our accommodation.
Heading home stopping along the way to enjoy lunch, perhaps some chocolate or raspberries.
Price: Twin Share - $1,100 per person | Single - $1,380 per person
Deposit: $300 per person
Final Payment by: 20th December 2021
Inclusions: Luxury Coach Travel | Departure Day Morning Tea | Accommodation at Stanley Seaview Inn | Most Meals | All Tours
Additional Tour Options: The Nut Chairlift - $17 per person
Pick Ups: Pick up Times will be advised closer to the departure date.
Day 1: 23rd January
Following your morning pick up, we head along a familiar highway stopping somewhere to enjoy our morning tea.
Boarding the bus our first destination is the town of Penguin. Time to see how many penguins we can take a selfie with. Arriving at our accommodation we settle in before a well-deserved evening meal.
Day 2: 24th January
Following breakfast, we depart for Woolnorth to experience the cleanest air in the world. Woolnorth Tours are the only operator working with the Van Diemen's Land Company and VDL Farms to enable exclusive public access. We will hear of Wind Farm operations, the science behind the claim of the Cleanest Air in the World, agriculture, aboriginal history, colonial history, native wildlife, and Woolnorth Tours is the only way to stand on the clifftop at Cape Grim. Lunch will be enjoyed whilst on our tour with billy tea and biscuits just like nanna makes.
Returning to Stanley there is free time to enjoy some retail therapy or just wander the street and enjoy the architecture. Highfield House; Perched overlooking Stanley and The Nut on a windy promontory. Highfield Historic Site represents a stunning example of early colonial architecture from the Regency Period (1811-1820). From the large French windows of the homestead, visitors are treated to dramatic views of the rugged coastline and Bass Strait beyond.
Following our tour we head back to our accommodation for a relaxing evening meal.
Day 3: 25th January
On our Tarkine Tour we drive south of Stanley taking in beautiful farming country side of Irishtown Edith Creek and Roger River discussing dairy industry and potatoes ?? and opium (spuds & drugs) cross Kunnunah Bridge, Arthur River stopping at Sumac Lookout then continuing on to Julius River. Here we disembark for a 20 minute boardwalk tour of the rainforest. On return we will have a cup of tea/coffee at the Julius River picnic area (toilets are available) then return to Stanley via Smithton. This half day tour will be approximately 4hrs in duration.
Our evening meal will be enjoyed at Hursey Seafoods delicious seafood caught by their fleet in pristine waters. Dinner will be at your expense.
In 1974 James Snr and Valerie Hursey relocated from Dover to Stanley. In 1987, to complement a growing company fishing fleet, a commercial factory/takeaway/restaurant was established in memory of James Snr and Valerie's son, Patrick, who was lost at sea attempting to rescue an adventurer rowing across Bass Strait.
In June 2015, the property was extensively renovated and now seats 100 diners, overlooking the bay and nestled under the Stanley Nut. Hursey Seafoods' fleet of 9 vessels catches Southern Rock Lobster, Giant Crab, Stripey Trumpeter, Gummy Shark, Flathead and other local reef fish. Their Lobsters are retained live in sea tanks, which ensures supply all year and provides consumers with the very best taste. Now that our bellies are full we retire to our accommodation
Day 4: 26th January
The journey home begins but our adventures are not stopping as we call into just a couple of our favourite locations to purchases a few treats - stops can include Anvers | Ashgrove Cheese | Makers Market Burnie | Blue Hills Honey
B=Breakfast, MT=Morning Tea, L =Lunch, D=Dinner
BOOKING INFORMATION AND PAYMENT METHODS
· Post in booking request/s with cheque to PO Box 73, Richmond 7025 and we will do the rest, please include your pick-up point and best contact number.
· BANK TRANSFER: BSB: 807 009 Account: 6017 6352 Name: RS Byrne
· DAY TOURS: to secure your seat, full payment is required immediately. If you are unable to attend a day tour, we require 48 hours notice and we can provide you with a credit to use on another day tour. Cancellation under 48 hours is non-refundable.
· MULTI-DAY TOURS: to secure your seat, a deposit is required immediately. This deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable to other tours. There will be a final date provided for the remainder of the package payment.
· PASSENGER FORMS: All travellers on our Multi Day and Interstate/ International Tours are required to complete a Passenger Form which includes details of dietary, mobility and next of kin. This only needs to be completed once or updated when your details change.
· COVID19 VACCINATION: We require your COVID Vaccination information and ask for copy of your Vaccination Certificate to keep on file when you pay your initial deposit for a tour booking as our suppliers such as hotels & airlines are now requiring this information.
· If we cancel a tour for any reason, we can provide a refund or credit to be used within 18 months.
· PICK UP: If you have a group of 6 or more, we can arrange a separate pick up for you.
· POSTAGE: Due to increased cost of postage & delays we will not be posting payment receipts. We encourage you to visit us at our office if you require a receipt or provide us with an email address.
· TRAVEL INSURANCE: We strongly recommend you obtain appropriate travel insurance at the time of paying your deposit for any of our multi-day tours. We can provide you with a quotation.
· PRICE CHANGES: Prices may change without notification.
· ITINERARY CHANGES: We reserve the right to alter or omit any part of the itinerary.
· SAFETY: Coal River Coaches reserves the right to decline to carry anyone if it is felt the individual cannot cope with the requirements of the tour, or who may require services that we cannot guarantee will be available, or if meals (due to certain dietary requirements) cannot be catered for.
· SEATING: Coal River Coaches now operates with a Seat Rotation system on all Coach Tours.
· WAIT LISTS: If a Tour that you want to go on is full, we can pop you on the Waitlist. This means if we have a cancellation, we will contact you.
Our Tours are subject to COVID-19 restrictions and the venue & events in which we attend.
If there are any changes or cancellations, we will contact you.