With our very own Island paradise on our doorstep we take our time on this tour to savour all the delicious foods and soak up the sheer natural beauty of the landscape and the wildlife that calls Bruny home.View Dates & Book
With our very own Island paradise on our doorstep we take our time on this tour to savour all the delicious foods and soak up the sheer natural beauty of the landscape and the wildlife that calls Bruny home.
This tour is limited to 20 people only so we can access the wilder parts of the Island!
Price: Twin Share - $950 per person | Single - $1,200 per person
Final Payment Due: 1st March 2022
Inclusions: Luxury Coach Travel |Departure Day Morning Tea| Ferry to Bruny & return| Accommodation with Bruny Island Escapes | 3 hr Pennicotts Wilderness Cruise with Lunch | Private Tour of Hiba Gardens with Chocolate & Whisky tasting | Tour of Lighthouse| Tastings at The Honey Pot, Bruny Cheese & Get Shucked | Tour Bruny Island Historical Society | Guided Tour of Inala Museum & Jurassic Gardens | all Breakfasts | |Dinner at Bruny Premium Wines with Wine Tasting | Dinner at Hotel Bruny
Pick Ups: Pick up Times will be advised closer to the departure date.
Day 1: 7th April
Catching the ferry early, we head south to the Lighthouse for a private guided tour and morning tea. After taking in the amazing views we head to Inala Museum & Jurassic Gardens for a private tour and then stop for a light lunch at the Bruny Hotel at your own expense. We will take in the most photographed view of Bruny - The Neck Lookout before our personally guided tour of HIBA Gardens accompanied by chocolate and whisky tasting at their newly opened distillery. We will check in at our accommodation prior to dinner. Our dinner will be at Bruny Premium Wines, accompanied by a tasting of their award winning wines.MT, D
Day 2: 8th April
An early start this morning to be at Pennicotts Cruise Jetty at 9.30am for our 10.00am departure for our 3 hour Wilderness Cruise from Adventure Bay, exploring the coastline of South Bruny Island National Park. It will include North Bruny Island, Cape Bruny and the D’Entrecasteaux Channel as we circumnavigate the island on this 100 nautical mile (190km) voyage. We will discover an ancient rugged and remote coastline of soaring cliffs, sea stacks, wave carved sea caves, stunning bays, beaches, waterfalls and blowholes. We will search for abundant wildlife including seals, dolphins and a myriad of seabirds. Watch for key landmarks including: Fluted Cape, Cape Bruny Lighthouse, Cloudy Bay, Adventure Bay, Satellite Island, Partridge Island, The Friars, The Monument, Breathing Rock, and Isthmus Bay.
After this breathaking experience we will enjoy a delicious lunch overlooking the bay. We will continue to explore this side of the island by visiting the Historical Society and Captain Cook Memorial and Bligh Museum. We will head back to our accommodation to rest and get ready for dinner at the Bruny Hotel this evening.
Day 3: 9th April
A more relaxed start to today and after checkout will head to the Quarantine Station for an interesting private tour. The Quarantine Station site at Barnes Bay, Bruny Island, Tasmania, incorporates many different aspects of human occupancy, from the early Aboriginal occupation by the Nuenonne, a band of the South East tribe, to the present day with the proclamation of the area as a State Reserve in 2003. The site custodians are the Tasmania Parks and Wildlife Service - managed through the Southern Region.
It’s history includes free settlement in 1856 by the Cox, Johnston(e), Beemer and Martin families; the establishment of a State Maritime Quarantine Station in 1884 as a defence against infectious diseases in appropriate buildings erected to accommodate boat passengers; its acquisition by the Commonwealth Government in the early days of Federation; internment of German nationals in 1914 at the beginning of World War I; quarantine of soldiers returning from the war, during the Influenza Pandemic 1919; Plant Quarantine usage and techniques from 1955 – 1986.
We will drop in on the popular Bruny Cheese, Get Shucked Oysters and The Honey Pot on our Journey for tasting and lunch at your own cost before turning for the ferry trip home.
B=Breakfast, MT=Morning Tea, L =Lunch, D=Dinner
BOOKING INFORMATION AND PAYMENT METHODS
· Post in booking request/s with cheque to PO Box 73, Richmond 7025 and we will do the rest, please include your pick-up point and best contact number.
· BANK TRANSFER: BSB: 807 009 Account: 6017 6352 Name: RS Byrne
· DAY TOURS: to secure your seat, full payment is required immediately. If you are unable to attend a day tour, we require 48 hours notice and we can provide you with a credit to use on another day tour. Cancellation under 48 hours is non-refundable.
· MULTI-DAY TOURS: to secure your seat, a deposit is required immediately. This deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable to other tours. There will be a final date provided for the remainder of the package payment.
· PASSENGER FORMS: All travellers on our Multi Day and Interstate/ International Tours are required to complete a Passenger Form which includes details of dietary, mobility and next of kin. This only needs to be completed once or updated when your details change.
· COVID19 VACCINATION: We require your COVID Vaccination information and ask for copy of your Vaccination Certificate to keep on file when you pay your initial deposit for a tour booking as our suppliers such as hotels & airlines are now requiring this information.
· If we cancel a tour for any reason, we can provide a refund or credit to be used within 18 months.
· PICK UP: If you have a group of 6 or more, we can arrange a separate pick up for you.
· POSTAGE: Due to increased cost of postage & delays we will not be posting payment receipts. We encourage you to visit us at our office if you require a receipt or provide us with an email address.
· TRAVEL INSURANCE: We strongly recommend you obtain appropriate travel insurance at the time of paying your deposit for any of our multi-day tours. We can provide you with a quotation.
· PRICE CHANGES: Prices may change without notification.
· ITINERARY CHANGES: We reserve the right to alter or omit any part of the itinerary.
· SAFETY: Coal River Coaches reserves the right to decline to carry anyone if it is felt the individual cannot cope with the requirements of the tour, or who may require services that we cannot guarantee will be available, or if meals (due to certain dietary requirements) cannot be catered for.
· SEATING: Coal River Coaches now operates with a Seat Rotation system on all Coach Tours.
· WAIT LISTS: If a Tour that you want to go on is full, we can pop you on the Waitlist. This means if we have a cancellation, we will contact you.
Our Tours are subject to COVID-19 restrictions and the venue & events in which we attend.
If there are any changes or cancellations, we will contact you.